Cairns to Cape York Charity tour
September 1 - September 15$5495
In the spirit of the Leyland Brothers, no bitumen allowed, this is not an ordinary trip to Cape York and that is what makes participation such a once in a lifetime event.
It’s an adventure that will stay with you for a lifetime.In the spirit of the Leyland Brothers first adventure, without anywhere near the drama and challenges – See for your self
Now it is not all going to mud and grind, the place is simply beautiful and our trip will take you places that you could never imagine.
- All Vehicles entered must be stock standard. SUV or 4×4.
- In the lead up, you will be able to bid on accessories to complete the trip.
- Remember there we have capped the event at 20 vehicles, but only enough accessories for 12.
- For those who miss out on the accessories, there are rescue credits. These are unlimited, but who knows how much you will need.
- The online auction is 01 June to 30th June.
- This gives you July to get your accessories fitted.
- Accommodation will be supplied.
- There are challenges, competitions and prizes on the way.
- Ways to raise funds include
- bidding on accessories
- Bidding on Rescue Credits
- People sponsoring your adventures
- SM exposure and followers gained
- How much they contribute to the nominated charities
- Most popular vote
- Greatest villan of the event vote
- Entry fees
- Bribes of everyone including judges. This can include your rescue credits.
- Good deeds done along the way
- These are the only rules, first one to the tip, wins
The ‘Why?’ behind the event
Everyone has the goal of one day traveling to Cape York, but as time improves our quality of life, it has gone from a hard-core experience that made people like the Leyland Bros famous, to a trip a Kia Carnival could do.
There is something that is just not right about that. So we thought we would do something about it, make it a true adventure. Something to look forward to every year on the calendar. Then we thought, why don’t we make it a signature event. Bring some glamour to it, appeal to people who would never have thought of doing it. That is where the idea “Cairns to Cape Charity Tour” was born.
A cross between a reality TV experience, a true adventure experience and a corporate connection to country.
Day 1. Cairns adventure – Kuranda Including Skyrail, Kuranda Scenic Railway and Rainforestation
This includes a half day 4WD How To Course.
Event dinner: Nautilus Restaurant – Port Douglas
Day 2. Cape Tribulation – Great Barrier Reef exploration and adventures, including snorkelling of the reef, diving and croc tour.
Dinner and accommodation: Cape Trib Beach house
Day 3 – 12.
- Elim Beach
- Cape Flattery
- Gunshot creek
- Fruitbat falls
- Jardine river and ferry crossing
- Loyalty beach
- Five beaches
- Punsand Bay, The tip of Cape York
Ways to manage your arrival to Cairns
Who provides the accessories?
Our goal is the major players in the 4WD market. TJM, ARB, Cooper tyres, to name a few.
They provide the accessories as part of their charitable donation, and people bid on them.
Why will people bid on accessories?
This trip is about survival. Ordinary people in ordinary SUVs and urban 4×4 in an extraordinary environment. However, here is the catch; there is only enough accessories for half the vehicles, so people will have to bid on the “Rescue Credits”.
All proceeds raised through this go to the Charities of the nominated partners. The company that raises the most funds for their charity, wins!
- Camping tents, and trailer campers
- Side protection
- Lift kits
- Wheel and tyre packages
- Recovery kits
How to enter
A business can nominate someone from within to represent them. A person can nominate and get a business to sponsor them. However you chose to do it, the goal is to enter as a TEAM and to raise funds and conquer the tropical North.
Businesses, pitched against their competition on who is raising the most funds, can also promote through their client bases, to contribute.
Preparing you and your 4WD
All participants vehicles will be signed off as being serviced, Roadworthy and accessories fitted by the authorised agents.
After meeting in Cairns, we will proceed on a half day treck, taking you into 4WD territory and a course in everything to prepare you for the next 14 days.
- Water Crossings
- Winching and recovery
- Snatch strap recoveries
- Rated recovery points
- Do and don’ts
- 4WD skills and techniques
- Tyre pressure and adjustments
- Tracks and recoveries
- Emergency procedures
- CB and sat phone use
We have a chef as part of our crew and a vehicle just for food and supplies. We might be roughing it, but you will be eating and living like royals! Any dietary requirements, just let us know.
Cost per meal is included in your entry fee.
- Dinners are camp oven meals
- Lunches are wraps, salads and fresh fruit
- Breakfast will be BBQs
- Vegetariansare also catered for
How you raise funds for your charity
- Accessories: all accessories purchased during bidding go to the nominated Charity of that company.
- Rescue Credits: go to your nominated Charity, but if you need to use them, these are transferred to the owner of the rescue credit.
- Sponsorships: you can sell space on your car, your sm channels – all funds raised to to your charity.
- Company raised funds: Companies can promote through B2B and B2C to raise awareness and funds for the nominated charity.
- Accessories supplied: funds raised via bidding, go to the companies nominated Charity.
- Your team: can approach any charity to sponsor and partner.
Benefits of being involved
- This is serious a once in a lifetime adventure. I mean anyone can do the cape, even a Kia Sorato, but to do it like this?
- Goodwill to community and community causes.
- Business to business networking and promotions, an opportunity to connect and have serious fun.
Expressions of interest
and let’s get cracking.
[contact-form to=”email@example.com” subject=”Cape to Cairns Charity 4×4 Tour”][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea”][/contact-form]
Car spots are limited. Now that you are warmed up, get your team nomination list ready, confirm and secure your spot. Do you have what it takes?
Click on the event link below