The Great Escape - Fraser Island 8-9th november
Starting at the Barge loading point on the mainland. We will brief on driving on sand, adjusting tyre pressures and vehicle awareness.
Our destinations include Taleebra bay, Happy Valley, Lake Mckenzie and the ship wreck SS Maheno.
Provided will be 4WD tours of the island, demonstrations of vehicle recoveries and recovery equipment
The Mahindra Experience
A weekend away for you and your family / mates to test your Mahindra 4WD on Fraser Island as guests of Mahindra Australia.
Barge, transfer and permit fees are provided by Mahindra Australia.
Expert tuition and advice from team @ Total Driver on beach driving, recovery and guided tours around the island.
Money Can't buy experiences
Imagine telling your mates that Mathew Hayden and Executive Chef Ben Willan cooked for you on Fraser Island
Played Beach cricket with you and enjoyed tall stories over cold drinks for the evening.
That you also visited the SS maheno, swam in Lake Mckenzie and toured Fraser Island.
An experience you can only get with the Mahindra Adventure Club
Your Host - Matthew Hayden
“Mahindra is a very natural fit for me,” “Firstly it is a product that is owned, operated and managed out of India. So there’s that great connection to that link between Australia and India.
“And then you look at my background, the agribusiness is a huge focus for Mahindra and this (he points to the Hayden family farm) has been my life and will always be a huge part of my life.”
Places are limited and so is the accommodation.
You can choose between Self contained Apartments conveniently located at Happy Valley Fraser Island, camping at the grounds or even laying a swag out.
We have organised accommodation, but you have to confirm and pay to reserve it. Demand is high, dont delay.
YES - Reserve my place NOW!
Who is Total Driver
From Learn to Drive 4WD driver training courses to Driving on the beach, or learning recoveries, We offer a number of courses to suit the beginner 4×4 drivers with their first 4WD right through to the advanced 4×4 driver who wants to increase their skill set in particular areas.
We offer courses from half day packages through to 4 days of intensive training where you’ll also learn Driving on the beach techniques on Stradbroke, Moreton & Frazer Islands, and road driver training. All our instructors are professional driver trainers and can assist with all aspects of driver training.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Your place is only confirmed on successful application, payment of accommodation and catering fees.
- Places are limited with provision for only 20 vehicles, with up to 4 ppl per vehicle.
- Island Transfers. There is a strict no drink Driving policy as part of the group, Total Driver will provide transfers as required.
Mahindra Australia has provided the following:
- Payment of barge transfers
- Payment of permit fees to be on Fraser Island
- Providing executive chef, Ben Willian
Your out of pocket expenses are as follows, but not limited to:
- Catering food costs - Once confirmed, Total Driver will send you preferences on catering and diet types.
- Your contribution to food costs will be calculated and Total Driver will organise food on your behalf.
- Beverages - Please refer our no drink Driving policy.
- How will you know what is happening and be prepared.
- After you have been confirmed via payment for accommodation and catering, you will be kept up to date with a series of emails advising you of everything from departure times, travel times, accessories you can purchase to learn how to use with vehicle recoveries, vehicle maintenance tips and also communication requirements.
- As the event nears, we will be on hand to assist with any questions and ensure the most amazing experience with your Mahindra and the Mahindra team on Fraser Island that is possible.
- Vehicle accessories and recovery equipment
- Total Driver will have recovery equipment on hand to support and advise.
- Vehicle damage and or break downs.
- Whilst a team of professionals are on hand to support you at every step, you are still responsible for the maintenance and operation of your vehicle.
- Please ensure the vehicle is serviced and prepared for the adventured. Your Mahindra Dealer can assist
- As part of our event management, a number of assembly areas will be provided to ensure everyone is informed and prepared for each step of the adventure,
- No one gets left behind, at any time, by anyone.
- Legals and liabilities.
- A release and indeminity form will be provided to all participants.
- Mahindra Australia and Total Driver will take all care and precautions to ensure the most positive experience possible, however all parties will participate at their own risk.